Re: Upgrading 6.5.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrading 6.5.1
Date: 2002-12-17 04:59:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> 6.5.1 is *really* old. Are there any docs still left lying around on
> things I should watch out for (data types that are no longer supported
> for example) when moving the data?

You should probably expect problems ... for example, the standard names
of datetime-related datatypes are different now.

I would suggest dumping schema and data separately (pg_dump -s and -a
IIRC). Try to load the schema, edit manually, repeat till successful.
Then try to load the data. With luck you won't need any data edits.