Add trailing commas to enum definitions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Add trailing commas to enum definitions
Date: 2023-10-23 06:30:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Since C99, there can be a trailing comma after the last value in an enum
definition. A lot of new code has been introducing this style on the
fly. I have noticed that some new patches are now taking an
inconsistent approach to this. Some add the last comma on the fly if
they add a new last value, some are trying to preserve the existing
style in each place, some are even dropping the last comma if there was
one. I figured we could nudge this all in a consistent direction if we
just add the trailing commas everywhere once. See attached patch; it
wasn't actually that much.

I omitted a few places where there was a fixed "last" value that will
always stay last. I also skipped the header files of libpq and ecpg, in
case people want to use those with older compilers. There were also a
small number of cases where the enum type wasn't used anywhere (but the
enum values were), which ended up confusing pgindent a bit.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-trailing-commas-to-enum-definitions.patch text/plain 147.4 KB