Compiling, running, errors..

From: Ron Chmara <ron(at)Opus1(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling, running, errors..
Date: 1999-12-27 05:22:27
Lists: pgsql-ports

As per requested on:
http://www.postgresql.org/doxlist.html

>The version of Postgres (6.5.3, 6.5, beta 990318, etc.).
6.5.3

>Your operating system (i.e. RedHat v5.1 Linux v2.0.34).
RedHat Linux 6, Linux v2.2.12

>Your hardware (SPARC, i486, etc.).
i686

>Did you compile, install and run the regression tests cleanly?
Compiled, installed, would not run cleanly.
Following failures:
float8 .. failed
geometry .. failed
These seem possibly minor.

create_index .. failed
sanity_check .. failed
numeric .. failed
numeric_big .. failed

Whoa. These do _not_ seem minor. Inspection showed that the backebd
failed:
! pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
! This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
! before or while processing the request.
! We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is impossibl
e. Terminating.

On subsequent tests, float8 and geomtery contined to fail, numeric
and numeric_big hogs 100% of the CPU, occasionally fails. Is this normal?

Other problems: dropdb appears to be among the missing, possibly other
components.

Ron Chmara

--
Brought to you from iBoptheMac, a Linux/PPC iMac, currently running MacOS.
Your bopping may vary.