--with-mb=SQL_ASCII for 6.5.3 RPMs.

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: --with-mb=SQL_ASCII for 6.5.3 RPMs.
Date: 1999-12-23 15:59:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Ok, got a minor problem here in RPM building.  It was requested that
when I build locale-enabled RPM's, that I also enable multibyte
support.  The suggestion was then made to use --with-mb=SQL_ASCII -- and
the README.mb for 6.5.3 supports that.

HOWEVER, --with-mb=SQL_ASCII throws a configure error -- SQL_ASCII is
not valid for this switch, or something like that.

So, my question is: unless someone here who is an autoconf wizard
suggests otherwise, I'm going to patch configure to allow the SQL_ASCII
switch (I _know_ that the real fix lies in patching configure.in -- I'm
just wanting to get the RPM out the door without having to learn how to
run autoconf first -- unless that would be preferable).  Are there any
other things I need to patch other than the list of allowed encodings in
order to use --with-mb=SQL_ASCII??

I'd love to get the 6.5.3-3 RPMs out the door today if possible.

This RPM set includes a few bugfixes as well as the headers necessary to
build SPI modules.

TIA

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Next:From: Robert BadaraccoDate: 1999-12-23 16:02:35