Release LRU file

From: Kimi <kimi(at)cricket(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Release LRU file
Date: 1999-12-21 15:40:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

This is in continuation of mails I sent last week about postgres
crashing
We are running pg 6.5.1, on Redhar 5.1 with DBI 0.92 and DBD 1.13 on a
512 MB RAM
and SCSI machine

Our application consists of requests going upto 150 per second on this
database
with an expected uptime of 24 by 7.
Earlier we were getting spinlock messages which we have hoped to sort
out by raising
number of open files per process to 1024 from the earlier 256

Postgres crashes giving an error message : FATAL 1: Release LRU file :
No opened files /
no one can be closed.

Now can anybody help on how to solve this.

Please help

Bye,

Murali
Differentiated Software Solutions