Re: [PORTS] RE:POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB??

From: Lamar Owen <admin(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: rosner(at)scn(dot)org
Cc: bill_tuck(at)hotmail(dot)com, pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] RE:POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB??
Date: 1999-12-20 17:02:52
Lists: pgsql-ports

Dan Rosner wrote:
> POSTGRES_INCLUDE=/usr/local/src/postgresql-6.5.3/src/include
> POSTGRES_LIB=/usr/lib

> I tried getting Perl DBI working through the plain vanilla RPM
> install, but it just didn't work. Works fine if you follow
> the installation instructions and build from scratch.

What did and didn't work in building under the RPM install?? For the
RPM install, the above envvars should be:
POSTGRES_INCLUDE=/usr/include/pgsql
POSTGRES_LIB=/usr/lib

No, I didn't choose the locations -- that was chosen many PostgreSQL and
RedHat revisions ago, and changing them would be like the Great
Renaming. Not something to relish.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio