JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3

From: Stu Coates <stu_coates(at)mail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3
Date: 2001-01-15 22:20:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-jdbc

I reported a JDBC bug in the 7.1 beta1 release back in December and notice that the same bug is still present in the current beta 3 sources. The problem relates to nested cursors failing and is quite simple to reproduce. A simple test case can be found at:

http://www.twospuds.com/pg7-1b3-jdbc-bug.tar.gz

The 7.0.2 JDBC drivers work fine against the 7.1b3 backend, with a little tweaking for "long" rows.

Peter (Mount) did acknowledge the bug but I have not heard anything on the list since then. Is anyone looking at it? Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything on the lists [HACKERS mainly] from Peter for a while.

Stu.
--
Stu Coates
Chelmsford, England U.K.