access97-Recordset not updatable

From: "Kelvin O(dot) Lim" <lim(at)nki(dot)rfmh(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: access97-Recordset not updatable
Date: 1999-12-13 17:06:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am using the current psqlodbc driver (6.40.0007) with Access97 to
communicate with a Postgresql server (6.5.3) running on a Solaris
platform. The Postgres server has been working fine; I have a php/apache
application which has been working smoothly.

I can create the DSN on my windows98 machine and have configure the
driver so that all read-only options are NOT selected. Using Access97,
I have no problem viewing table data from the Postgres server, but
whenever I try to modify an entry, I get the error: This Recordset is
not updatable.

Any pointers about what I may be doing wrong would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Kelvin Lim