Large objects and OIDs

From: Dario Brignardello <dbrignar(at)dc(dot)uba(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large objects and OIDs
Date: 1999-12-03 12:19:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi:
I've got a problem with the large objects stored in my database.
Imagine a table with people information (name, address, telephone, etc)
and the last field is the picture of each one, stored as a large objetc.
Now supose I want to replace the photograph whitout deleting the table
entry; what can I do?. I mean: how can I DELETE a large object from the
database, if it is not in an isolated table?.

Any help or comment will be welcome. Since now, thanks a lot.

Dario Brignardello

dbrignar(at)sinectis(dot)com