Re: why can't I load pgxml.sql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Yi Zhao <yi(dot)zhao(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: why can't I load pgxml.sql
Date: 2008-07-29 04:31:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Yi Zhao <yi(dot)zhao(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com> writes:
> my version is 8.3.3:

I kinda doubt that, actually, because you should not have been getting
"function not found" errors in 8.3. An 8.3 server built without XML
support should react more like this:

regression=# select xpath('foo','bar');
ERROR: unsupported XML feature
DETAIL: This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml support.
HINT: You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

In any case the error you're showing us suggests that the libxml
installation is broken, not PG itself.

You still haven't told us the platform...