Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
Date: 2020-07-15 22:16:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 12 Jul 2020, at 00:03, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> Thanks for taking a look at the patch, I'll fix up the reported issues Monday
> at the latest.

A bit of life intervened, but attached is a new version of the patch which
should work for OpenSSL builds, and have the other issues addressed as well. I
took the opportunity to clean up the NSS tests to be more like the OpenSSL ones
to lessen the impact on the TAP testcases. On my Debian box, using the
standard NSS and NSPR packages, I get 6 failures which are essentially all
around CRL handling. I'm going to circle back and look at what is missing there.

This version also removes the required patch for statistics reporting as that
has been committed in 6a5c750f3f72899f4f982f921d5bf5665f55651e.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-WIP-Support-libnss-for-as-TLS-backend-v4.patch application/octet-stream 126.7 KB