Re: [GENERAL] Table names case sensitive?

From: David Warnock <david(at)sundayta(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Stephen Birch <sbirch(at)ironmountainsystems(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Table names case sensitive?
Date: 1999-11-26 09:34:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Stephen,

> >From the little experience we have with PG so far, it looks damn good.
> Gone are the black-box GUIs of windows, to be replaced with super cool psql
> - which we love (far more than isql). The PG man pages and on-line help
> are also fantastic.

Postgresql is certainly an easier db to work with than interbase with
that absolutely terrible isql also as you say the docs are a more
accessible.

> We are looking forward to the day when we can pull the plug from our last
> Windows machine and the repercussions of our terrible decision to trust NT
> will finally come to and end. As a digression - I will never, ever forget
> the disbelief on our programmers faces when they realized that the
> Microsoft "flagship server" we had just committed to (NT) really did not
> include the basic services such as telnetd, nfsd, or UUCP. What a joke.

The advantage of running my own company is that we have managed to keep
right away from MS rubbish.

Dave

> PS What sort of problems did you have with IB - we only had one (growing
> log files) and have a solution to that. From every other respect IB has
> served us well. In fact, if Interbase hadn't broken user SuSE 6.2, we may
> have stuck with it.

Our biggest problems are with installation of the jdbc stuff on newer
versions of Debian.