Temp table vs sub query.

From: Jason <jcl(at)mail(dot)ocis(dot)net>
To: PostreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Temp table vs sub query.
Date: 1999-11-20 14:31:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Would you use a temporary table rather than a sub query if you needed to
perform multiple queries on the same (already retrieved) data? I am
sure you could use a sub query initially to fetch the data for the temp
table. I'm just curious under what circumstances you would use temp
tables. Would the disk cache not be good enough to depend on?

......... Jason C. Leach
...... University College of the Cariboo
... jcl(at)mail(dot)ocis(dot)net
.. http://www.ocis.net/~jcl
.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence from Home:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu