Re: [HACKERS] Regression Testing on REL6_5_PATCHES

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Regression Testing on REL6_5_PATCHES
Date: 1999-11-02 16:04:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> > I have hit an unexpected error in regression testing the
> > REL6_5_PATCHES branch in preparing for 6.5.3. For the first time, a
> > test other than float or geometry failed -- with a weird result.
> > Datetime failed.

> There should be something about this in the "expected failures"
> section of the regress test docs, but right at the moment I don't
> see anything there.

Now it's my turn to feel much better. The tests that failed were float8
(which is the NaN glibc weirdness we already know about -- I forget the
specifics, but it was tracked down -- although, I had thought that would
be fixed for 6.5.3, but I guess I was mistaken), datetime (which you've
explained), geometry (which failed due to a floating point roundoff
error), and misc (which didn't like the pgaccess preferences tables
being in there).

I'm glad it was something that simple.

--
Lamar Owen