Postgres+Perl

From: Diego Delgado Lages <lages(at)linuxsolutions(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres+Perl
Date: 1999-11-01 16:00:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I have here Postgresql 6.5.1 running on a Debian Linux system and I am
having some problems.

I have written lots of applications in Perl using the "newstyle", but
there is a problem: it does not disconnect from the database. Like:

If I have 20 processes running at the same postgres start forking and
then he returns that "there are too many clients" (or something like
that)...

What can I do?

I noticed that in the "oldstyle" I can call PQfinish($conn). I already
tried calling PQfinish($conn)(with my "newstyle" program), but it didn't
work...

Regards,

Diego Lages