Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess for 6.5.3

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, teo(at)flex(dot)ro, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess for 6.5.3
Date: 1999-10-30 22:57:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Still problems with pgaccess.
>
> While the new Makefile I made properly copies pgaccess to the bin
> directory, it does not deal with PGACCESS_HOME properly, and I believe
> configure should be table to set PATH_TO_WISH.
>
> Please hold 6.5.3 until someone comes up with a good solution to this.
>
> Do we want to copy the entire pgaccess tree to the pgsql install
> directory?
>
> Can someone suggest a line for PATH_TO_WISH that can be set by configure?

Hmmm.... Under the RPM installation, there is installed, by the build
script in the spec file, a shell script into /usr/bin called pgaccess --
this script is as follows:
-----------
#!/bin/sh

PATH_TO_WISH=/usr/bin/wish
PGACCESS_HOME=/usr/lib/pgsql/pgaccess

export PATH_TO_WISH
export PGACCESS_HOME

exec ${PATH_TO_WISH} ${PGACCESS_HOME}/main.tcl "$@"
----------

PGACCESS_HOME should, under the standard installation, be set to
something more inline with the standard installation's idea of where
pgaccess/main.tcl is located.

PATH_TO_WISH should likely be /usr/bin/wish on most systems.

The RPM packages have not relied upon the tarball's inclusion of
pgaccess -- rather, a separate tarball of just the latest pgaccess is
grafted in -- so there may be some other differences that I am not aware
of.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio