Re: Exposing PG_VERSION_NUM in pg_config

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Exposing PG_VERSION_NUM in pg_config
Date: 2015-07-02 21:27:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> ... So attached is a patch that adds VERSION_NUM in
> Makefile.global.

While there was not exactly universal consensus that we need this, the
patch as given is merely two lines, so it seems awfully cheap to Just
Do It. Hence, I've gone ahead and committed it. If we start getting
complaints about use-cases this doesn't cover, we can re-discuss whether
it's worth doing more.