Re: [INTERFACES] Re: PostgreSQL-6.5.2-0.3 Comment

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, Chuan-kai Lin <cklin(at)poky(dot)csie(dot)ntu(dot)edu(dot)tw>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: PostgreSQL-6.5.2-0.3 Comment
Date: 1999-10-20 13:14:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> >I have recently installed your PostgreSQL 6.5.2-0.3 packages on my
> >newly upgraded potato system. ODBC (which is the main purpose of
> >the upgrade to your packages) seems to be fine, though I am still
> >a little bit pissed about the dirty solution used to handle large
> >objects. So far I have only encountered one problem: when I list
> >all tables with \l under psql, psql disconnects itself from the
> >backend automatically. Other operations, such as SQL queries, seem
> >to work fine. Any ideas?
> There are no Debian-specific issues involved, so I am forwarding this
> to the PostgreSQL interfaces list. Perhaps someone will have some idea?

Sure. Perhaps Mr. Lin would like to contribute a solution to whatever
is upsetting him regarding large objects.

Oh, that's not what you meant? ;)

\l (which lists databases, not tables) behaves itself on my RH5.2
system with the current development tree.

- Thomas

postgres=> \l
datname |datdba|encoding|datpath
template1| 100| 0|template1