PgAccess unable to start

From: Jim Lemon <jim(dot)lemon(at)uts(dot)EDU(dot)AU>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: PgAccess unable to start
Date: 1999-10-20 03:02:18
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

After upgrading to postgresql 6.5.2 and pgaccess 0.98, I have been
unable to start pgaccess, although I can use psql okay. When starting
pgaccess, the error message:

Tcl error executing pg_exec
select relname from pg_class
where relname='pga_queries'

Invalid optionpg_result result
?option ? where ?option is
-status
-conn
-assign
arrayVarName
-assignbyidx
arrayVarName
-numTuples
-attributes
-lAttributes
-numAttrs
-getTuple
tupleNumber
-tupleArray
tupleNumber arrayVarName
-clear
-oid

appears and PgAccess exits. On the basis that this might have been due
to the databases hanging around from the old postgresql setup, I
destroyed them all and ran 'createdb' so that there would be a database
to which PgAccess could connect on startup. However, no luck. Should I
try to trash and reinstall both PostgreSQL and PgAccess? Thanks.

Jim