Re: Continuous integration on Windows?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Continuous integration on Windows?
Date: 2017-10-13 14:08:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/13/2017 08:09 AM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Andrew Dunstan
> <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> Well, as you can see here the appveyor.yml file can live outside the
>> tree that's being built.
> Here's a Wiki page where I hope we can collect how-to information on
> this general topic:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Continuous_Integration
>
> I tried your appveyor.yml, and added:
>
> test_script:
> - cd src\tools\msvc && vcregress check
>
> That much I could figure out just by reading our manual and I could
> see that it worked first time, but to make this really useful I guess
> we'd have to teach it to dump out resulting regression.diffs files and
> backtraces from core files (as the Travis CI version accessible from
> that page does).

I'll add some info to the wiki. Unfortunately, the tests fail on the
tablespace test because they are running as a privileged user. We need
to find a way around that, still looking into it. (See
<https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/setting-build-machine-visual-studio-2017/>
which describes how I get around that when running by hand).

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com