Re: add a MAC check for TRUNCATE

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Yuli Khodorkovskiy <yuli(dot)khodorkovskiy(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Joshua Brindle <joshua(dot)brindle(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Mike P <mike(dot)palmiotto(at)crunchydata(dot)com>
Subject: Re: add a MAC check for TRUNCATE
Date: 2019-11-20 19:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/8/19 9:16 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 11/8/19 9:02 AM, Yuli Khodorkovskiy wrote:

>>> One month later, nothing has happened here. Joe, are you planning to
>>> look at this patch?
>>>
>>> The last patch I found does not apply properly, so please provide a
>>> rebase. I am switching the patch as waiting on author.
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> I was able to apply the latest patches in the thread (9/25/19) on top
>> of master. I have attached them for convenience.
>
> Yes, I will look when I am able. Hopefully this weekend, almost
> certainly before the end of this commitfest.

I tested this successfully on Rhinoceros, both with and without
"db_table: { truncate }" loaded in the policy. Updated patches attached
here with some editorialization. If there are no objections I will
commit/push both in about a day or two.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
Truncate-Hook-jc00.patch text/x-patch 3.8 KB
Truncate-Sepgsql-v3-jc00.patch text/x-patch 5.5 KB