I have problems in Installation and Configuration of Postgres!!!

From: Luciano Santos Cardoso <luciano(at)dcc(dot)unioeste-foz(dot)br>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I have problems in Installation and Configuration of Postgres!!!
Date: 1999-10-13 20:54:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I am try to install an configure the postgres 6.3.2 in RedHat Linux
system and when I try start the service :

[root(at)smart-page init.d]# ./postgresql start
Inicializando servidor PostgreSQL: FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind()
failed: errno=13
Is another postmaster already running on that port?
If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.<portnr>)and retry.
/usr/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port
postmaster []

If you know some solution please tell me...

Thanks,

Luciano Santos Cardoso