Re: [INTERFACES] Interface between Web- and SQL-server; dif. machines.

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Aage J(dot) Skjolingstad" <aages(at)aajs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Interface between Web- and SQL-server; dif. machines.
Date: 1999-10-12 05:51:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> What do I need to install on the webserver to be a client to
> the PostgreSQL server ?? - I do not find any client package
> included in latest destribution.

The latest RPMs changed the package naming so that "postgresql" *is*
the basic client package, and postgresql-server is the backend stuff.
This change was done to help the (more typical) case that there are
more client machines than servers.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California