Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)

From: "Sergio A(dot) Kessler" <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)
Date: 1999-10-10 18:01:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Because the next release is going to probably be 7.0, if people have
> backward compatability library code that they have been dying to remove,
> this is the time for it.
>
> I don't recommend removing backward compatability with 6.4 or 6.5
> releases, but if you have some code that is hanging around just to be
> compatible with 6.1 or earlier, I think it can be removed now.

can the commands createuser and destroyuser be renamed to
pg_createuser and pg_destroyuser (as pg_dump) adding soft links to
preserve backwards compatibility (declaring previous commands
deprecated) ?

the same can be done for createdb and destroydb ...

I think is a much more nice namespace for Postgres wich is
important when you have thousands of commands in this times.

--
| Sergio A. Kessler http://sak.org.ar
-O_O- You can have it Soon, Cheap, and Working; choose *two*.