pgtclsh.exe

From: jefpai(at)ashastd(dot)org
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgtclsh.exe
Date: 1999-09-29 16:28:22
Lists: pgsql-ports

I was wondering if anyone has successfully built a version of
pgtclsh.exe and required dll files to run on a windows box.

I am writing some applications in tcl and would like to be able to use
the functions provided by pgtclsh but I haven't been able to do it
yet. It works great on the linux box.

My server is RedHat 6.0 running PostgreSQL 6.5.1
and the build went fine with gcc on compiling pgtclsh

I loaded up Cygnus cygwin-32 version b20.1 and tried to compile
postgresql with the tcl source code but to no avail, it freaks on the
windows platform.

If any others are interested in this I will send error reports and
other such nonsense. I would like to get a good implementation of
pgtclsh on the windows platform and can host it on my ftp server if we
are successful for others to download.

I also have M$ Visual C++ 5.0 but the source code doesn't come with
makefiles for M$ crap. and I am not very well versed in Visual C++
and it's dep files.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff Painter
Linux Programmer