Re: next CommitFest

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-16 23:48:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2009/11/17 David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>:
> In the PostgreSQL Weekly News, I track patches, and apparently at
> least one person reads that section.  Would it be helpful to track
> reviews somehow during commitfests with the reviewers' names
> prominently attached?

Yes. See also my suggestion [1] that we do a Reviewer "Honour Roll"
or "Hall of Fame" at the end of the CF, also published in the PWN.

One of the rewards for getting a patch into the tree is having your
name immortalised in the commit log. There's no such compensation for
reviewing patches.

I think creating incentives to review is going to be more potent and
more enjoyable for everyone involved than punitive measures.

Cheers,
BJ

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/37ed240d0911130932i3b48849csb8cbae061abf11e4@mail.gmail.com