Re: commitfest.postgresql.org

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2009-07-05 06:54:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> The application stamps comments with the
> community login of the person who left them, but the import stamped
> them with names instead.  This is actually of some significance, since
> the app will allow you to edit your own comments but not those of
> other people.  We could probably fix this if someone can give us
> access to (or a dump of) the realname to username mappings from the
> community login DB.

Nobody came forward with a mapping of real names to community logins,
so I went ahead and did this the dumb, slow way (eyeballing the wiki
history and manually creating a mapping for the names we have in the
commitfest app so far).

I've updated the patch comment creator field with the login names I
was able to map, but there are a few contributors who either don't
have a community login, or haven't used the wiki. In those cases I
left the name as-is.

You should now be able to edit comments that you created. If you
think you should be able to edit a comment, but you can't because the
login name is wrong, let me know and I'll fix it up.

Cheers,
BJ