Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ron Mayer" <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Date: 2008-11-05 05:02:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com> wrote:
> Brendan Jurd wrote:
>> When I ran the regression tests, I got one failure in the new interval
>
> Fixed, and I did a bit more testing both with and without
> HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP.

Confirmed, all regression tests now pass on my system with the updated patch.

>> The C code has some small stylistic inconsistencies; ...
>> ... spaces around binary operators are missing (e.g., "(fsec<0)").
>
> Thanks. Fixed these.
>
>> ...function calls missing the space after the argument separator...
>
> I think I fixed all these now too.

Awesome. As far as I can tell, you got them all. I don't have any
further nits to pick about the code style.

The changes to the documentation all look good. I did notice one
final typo that I think was introduced in the latest version.
doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml:2270 has "Nonstandardrd" instead of
"Nonstandard".

But, apart from that I have no further feedback.

I will sign off on this one and mark it "Ready for committer" in the commitfest.

Review of the other two patches coming soon to a mail client near you.

Cheers,
BJ