Commitfest namespacing (was: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?)

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Commitfest namespacing (was: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?)
Date: 2008-04-21 15:20:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I am impressed at the state of the May wiki patch queue:
> >
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest:May
> >
> > It is even tracking the psql wrap patch I am working on now.
>
> Thanks. We've put a certain amount of effort on it. Credit for the
> templating system goes to Brendan Jurd, who implemented the way to make
> it display as tables but without the messy markup. I think the
> templates that are now in place make for a reasonably comfortable
> environment. Not as simple as editing a plain text file, but I expect
> it is lean enough.

I appreciate your positive comment Bruce. Credit must also go to
Alvaro for supplying valuable feedback and encouragement offlist while
I worked on those templates =)

I wonder if we should namespace the CommitFest pages by year as well
as month (i.e., move CommitFest:May to CommitFest:May2008). This way,
even after we've had a CommitFest:May in 2009/2010/etc., the history
of the May 2008 CommitFest will still be easily viewable as a discrete
item.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
BJ