Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess: libpgtcl.so not found

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: ishaame(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess: libpgtcl.so not found
Date: 1999-10-08 06:43:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ibrahim Shaame wrote:

> Hi there,
> Please bear with me. This question has surely already been asked and
> answered. But can't find the answer.
> I have downloaded Postgresql 6.5.2 and installed it. I am not sure
> whether installed properly, but I suppose (this is my firt time to). When
> I try to run pgaccess I get a message that says there are no libpgtcl.so
> libraries, while I compiled them and there are links in the lib/ directory
> (linking to source directory. My directory structure is as follows:
>
> /usr/src/pgsql/ .... (for the sources)
> /usr/local/pgsql/ .... (for the bin, data, lib, man, pgaccess )

You have not compiled libpgtcl ...

Go to /usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpgtcl and

make
make install

You should find now libpgtcl.so in the /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory.

Check if your /etc/ld.so.conf (on a RedHat system) contains
/usr/local/pgsql/lib (or if the shared library can be loaded from that
directory).

Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA