Re: [INTERFACES] problems with large-objects

From: Wolfgang Hottgenroth <wn(at)kja-essen(dot)de>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: woho(at)ieee(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] problems with large-objects
Date: 1999-10-02 16:13:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi again,

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > So I failed when reading the manual,
> > because I never realized, that using transactions are a requirement when
> > working with LO's.
> > > This restriction has been documented as required all along,
>
> Well, just because we think we've documented it doesn't mean that it
> is obvious. Now that you know, do the docs you were reading make this
> clear and you just missed it, or should it be mentioned in more places
> than it is currently? Let us know if you have suggestions for
> improvements...

Of course I take an immediate look into the docs, and I found it: In the
sample program of the Large-Object-chapter (Chapter 15). Is this the
only place where it is documented? If this is the only place, then I
think, it should be mentioned in more places. Or can you tell me, where
I can read more about it?

Wolfgang