Re: [GENERAL] alpha and true64 port

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: amy cheng <amycq(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] alpha and true64 port
Date: 1999-10-02 05:25:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > hi, this is kind of emergent!
> >
> > we are in the process of decision making. Is there an true64 on
> > alpha port?
> >
> > thanks in advance!!!!!!
>
> We have alpha/osf, but no tru64 that I know of.

Tru64 is just a renaming of Digital Unix / OSF/1(Those Compaq people can't
spell, where is good old digital with a line-long engineering number you
can't remember?)

Postgres runs fine on Alphas, but you need to use the cc compiler, i.e.
compile with template alpha_cc. And you need to use 6.5.2. I think I sent in
a couple of minor patches -- have a look at the mailing list archive.

Adriaan