Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Brian P Millett <bpm(at)ec-group(dot)com>, John Cusick <jcusick(at)exotrope(dot)net>, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org, Doug MacEachern <dougm(at)perl(dot)apache(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared
Date: 1999-10-01 17:28:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Tom Lane wrote:
> Would someone volunteer to do the legwork on teaching the postgres perl5
> module about this? I had a TODO item to look into it myself, but it
> could be a long time before it gets to the top of my queue.
>
> Probably we ought to modify the Pg.pm file to use the new names, and
> then conditionally include macro definitions to substitute the old
> names, rather than the other way around as your example has it.
> Forward thinking and all that.

Uh, Tom, the Pg module works for me under Perl _5.00503_. The test.pl
script completes and all that. The key is building the module with the
version of perl that the module is going to run against (and rebuilding
the module when you upgrade perl). This is not a great issue unless you
are packaging binaries, though...

It ain't broke (at least on RedHat 6.x with the RPM installation). I
don't necessarily think that the Pg module is at fault here. Of course,
I reserve the right to be totally wrong and will, at my own expense,
perform a podondectomy on myself. (that is, surgically remove my foot
from my mouth).

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio