Re: PostgreSQL Upgrade Procedure

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Dale Lovelace <dale(at)redhat(dot)com>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Upgrade Procedure
Date: 1999-09-24 14:54:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > There is a parser bug someone introduced recently which we will fix
> > > for v6.5.3, but I can give you a patch file for this on v6.5.2. I'll
> > > develop it in the next couple of days.
> > Is it a showstopper?? Send the patch anyway, of course.

"showstopper" in the sense that it was not in v6.5.1? Apparently not.
But it causes a couple of math operators to not be recognized as
operators in some situations (like when defining a new operator :/

Here is a patch. *Not* tested under v6.5.1 or .2, but *all* of the
changes were tested under the current development tree. Since it
patches gram.y, it will cause gram.c to be rebuilt, which we usually
try to avoid but only because not everyone has bison/flex installed.
That isn't the case for your RH system.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Attachment Content-Type Size