Re: [HACKERS] Re: Referential Integrity In PostgreSQL

From: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Referential Integrity In PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-09-21 09:24:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Oh - well - vacuum shouldn't touch relations where
> deferred triggers are outstanding. Might require some
> special lock entry - Vadim?

All modified data will be in this same still open transaction.
Therefore no relevant data can be removed by vacuum anyway.

It is my understanding, that the RI check is performed on the newest
available (committed) data (+ modified data from my own tx).
E.g. a primary key that has been removed by another transaction after
my begin work will lead to an RI violation if referenced as foreign key.

Andreas