Doccumentation Patch for Create Function

From: Bernard Frankpitt <frankpit(at)pop(dot)dn(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Doccumentation Patch for Create Function
Date: 1999-09-16 16:51:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

Please find attached diffs to the documentation that are intended to
accompany the CREATE FUNCTION patch that I submitted earlier. I stuck
with the syntax in the original patch rather than the alternative
syntax suggested by Andreas.

When I was altering the xfunc.sgml page I came across this:

<title>Name Space Conflicts</title>

<para>
As of <productname>Postgres</productname> v6.5,
<command>CREATE FUNCTION</command> can decouple a C language
function name from the name of the entry point. This is now the
preferred technique to accomplish function overloading.
</para>

which seems to suggest that someone had a similar idea in the past. I
could find no evidence of this functionality in the 6.5 code though

Bernard Frankpitt

Attachment Content-Type Size
CreateProcedureDocs.patch application/octet-stream 12.4 KB