Re: [INTERFACES] PGACCESS formdemo.sql

From: Mark Gaschermann <mgascherma(at)wpcusrgrp(dot)org>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: Roland N Verrier <verrier(at)oneworldsolution2by2(dot)mb(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL PgAccess <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PGACCESS formdemo.sql
Date: 1999-09-08 23:17:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> > pg_aclcheck:class ""cities_id_seq"" not found
> > pg_ownercheck:class "cities" not found
> > error: cities: table does not exist
> >
> > After starting pgAccess I can open forms, see the phonebook table and it's
> > data, etc, but when I try to open the Schema, I get the error that cities
> > table does not exist.
> >
> > Any ideas? I'm using the formdemo.sql that came with the downloaded v 0.98
> >

> What version of PostgreSQL are you using?

I'm using the version that came on RedHat 6.0 , postgres 6.4.2-3.

I was fiddling around with the formdemo.sql file and found that if I
removed the double quotes from around all occurences of "cities_id_seq"
the tables were created properly.
ie. changed CREATE SEQUENCE "cities_id_seq" to CREATE SEQUENCE
cities_id_seq
and SELECT nextval ('"cities_id_seq"'); to SELECT nextval
('cities_id_seq');

I'm guessing maybe it's due to my having an older version of Postgres???

Mark G