Re: [INTERFACES] PGACCESS formdemo.sql

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Roland N Verrier <verrier(at)oneworldsolution2by2(dot)mb(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL PgAccess <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PGACCESS formdemo.sql
Date: 1999-09-04 06:16:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Roland N Verrier wrote:

> Postmaster running, PgAccesss running
> PgAccess v 0.98 is in /usr/local/pgaccess
> Off the Web site it says, Create an empty database and psql your
> database <formdemo.sql
> I have the template1 and other databases in /var/lib/pgsql/base
> How do I make the connection with formdemo.sql and the base dir., if I
> create a new database, opened in PgAccess?

Let's say you are the Linux user roland on your computer.

There is a postgres user , the master of PostgreSQL database server as
the system administrator.
Don't know the password for postgres user but you should assign one as
root and then log in as postgres user.
Then create a PostgreSQL user with the following command:

$ createuser roland

and follow the instructions there. Now you have a PostgreSQL user roland
and you may create databases , other users and so on.

As postgres linux user (or as roland) create and fill the formdemo
database :

$ createdb formdemo
$ psql formdemo <formdemo.sql

Now database formdemo should exist, check it with :

$ psql formdemo
formdemo=> \d

Then run PgAccess as :

$ pgaccess formdemo

or simply run PgAccess without parameter and the from the Database/Open
menu, specify formdemo as your database, localhost to host, 5432 as
port. Username and password may not be supplied if you are connecting to
localhost.

Enjoy,
--
Constantin Teodorescu