Re: [HACKERS] ANSI SQL compliance

From: Jernej Zajc <jernej(at)4u(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ANSI SQL compliance
Date: 1999-08-29 19:49:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Jernej Zajc <jernej(at)4u(dot)net> writes:
> > is there any rough estimate of when Postgres ANSI SQL compliance
> > is planned to be implemented? Will it be in 6.6, 6.7, or later?
>
> What do you define as "ANSI compliance"?

Well you asked the wrong person - people at ANSI should know
better :-)
I meant adherence to the ANSI SQL standard.

> There isn't any master plan that says "we will have every single
> SQL92 feature implemented by release N". (In fact, as far as I
> can tell there's no master plan at all ;-).) If there are particular
> features you're in need of, mentioning what they are might help
> push up their priorities in the minds of the developers.

I'm not interested in any particular feature yet. I'm in
process of migrating to some serious Unix RDBMS as need
forces me to and a friend of mine advised Postgres as
technicaly brilliant. I asked merely of curiosity, not need.

Nejc

--
''Share and Enjoy.''