Re: [INTERFACES] fe_setauthsvc: invalid name. Ignoring... ERROR

From: Clint Forgy <mo(at)midwestonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] fe_setauthsvc: invalid name. Ignoring... ERROR
Date: 1999-08-16 03:37:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dutt H Kalapatapu wrote:

> Some body already had this problem( mo(at)midwestonline(dot)com). I am
> trying to connect to database using PgDatabase interface and I get
> an error saying "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name, ignoring..". I thought
> this was permission problem so I made myself the superuser of the
> database and ran initdb and I still get this error.

Hi Dutt,

That was me having that problem. I was trying to use postgres via cgi
for some dynamic content on a virtually hosted system. I was having
that problem with cgi apps *only* but not the command line. I can't
remember the exact fix off the top of my pointy head but Tom Lane
suggested the fix. I remember that it had something to do with apache
running as user nobody, and when the cgi app started, the perl
environment didn't have the correct userid in its environment. I can go
through my notes if you're interested. It sounds somewhat related, but
since you're having the same problem at the command line, I'm not sure
which way to point you.

--
Clint Forgy
"Paving the Information Gravel Road for the Midwest"