Help Required

From: "Imreet Singh, Gurgaon" <immi(at)ggn(dot)hcltech(dot)com>
To: JKraaijeveld(at)askesis(dot)nl
Cc: Pgsql-Ports(at)Postgresql(dot)Org
Subject: Help Required
Date: 1999-09-21 09:48:25
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi Joost,

I have been trying to install PostgreSql 6.5.2 on NT machine following your
document on NT Installation.
I had some doubts regarding the same.

In the readme it was written that we have to first Install the Cygwin
package.
After downloading and untarring the package, the bin and lib directories
were empty.
Do we need to build an exe ? And the makefile and the source code will not
build on NT since in the source code the path names are given with the UNIX
style front slashes.
Also the makefile contains UNIX variables like shell which are not present
in NT.
While modifying the makefile is possible, modifying the source file will be
a cumbersome task.
You had successfully done the same procedure. Please help me with this.

We also tried to install the PostgreSql without installing the Cygwin
package but the .configure has posix related commands which will also not
run on NT.

Can you please help me out as to what should I do in case I have to install
the PostgreSql 6.5.2 on NT (in case I am missing something).

Thanks in advance,
Imreet Singh