PgAccess - 0.97b released

From: teo(at)flex(dot)ro
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgAccess - 0.97b released
Date: 1999-08-08 09:30:09
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-interfaces

Hello everybody,

With the help of Ross Reedstrom and Kris Klindworth there is available
at

ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pub/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.97b.tcl.gz

a 45Kb gzipped prerelease of 0.97

New features:
- support for internationalization (Teo)
- better moving between records using keyboard (Kris)
- save/restore visual query layout (Ross)
- schemas (Ross)

Internationalization is achieved my moving all (most) of the messages in
a associative array called Messages that can be found right at the
begining of the program. Messages are translated for the moment in
romanian and in a ugly, ugly, horrible french :-) (a french friend
Delafond will try to correct it). For the moment changes between
preferred languages should be made directly into the source (set
pref(language) italian) and in ~/.pgaccessrc.

Other translations will be easy to add, I'll wait for volunteers.

This prerelease should be tested, I'll wait for bug reports. I hope that
in a week it should be polished enough so final translations should be
added for french and german.

Best regards,
--
Constantin Teodorescu