Problem running regression tests

From: Chris <reman(at)tig(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem running regression tests
Date: 1999-07-27 11:29:17
Lists: pgsql-ports

Ver: PostgreSQL v6.5.1
OS: FreeBSD 2.2.6
HW: i486

It compiled and installed cleanly. I went to run the regression test
and found out a file that needed to be included (fmgr.h, and possibly
others) from /usr/local/pgsql/include. To kludge this I went into
.../postgres-2.6.1/src/Makefile.global and added
-I/usr/local/pgsql/include to CFLAGS.

Looking in .../postgres-2.6.1/src/test/regress/GNUMakefile there was an
include option which was -I$(LIBPQDIR) which I set in the shell to
/usr/local/pgsql/include however this was not used in the makefiles in
the compilation in the .../regress/input dir.

How exactly is this include directory meant to be picked up in these
makefiles? Is there a shell variable that should be set?

regards, chris

--
Christopher Day

E-Mail reman(at)tig(dot)com(dot)au
Homepage http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/1218

when the rain/when the children reign/keep your conscience in the dark
melt the statues in the park - Fall On Me, REM