Re: [HACKERS] Phantom row from aggregate in self-join in 6.5

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie(at)sable(dot)ox(dot)ac(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Phantom row from aggregate in self-join in 6.5
Date: 1999-07-23 16:30:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> IIRC, you were the main advocate of the position that the code's
> existing behavior is correct. Does that mean I can go change it? ;-)

Yes, after you slap me around a bit for being so wrong. Do you
remember when we were discussing it? I want to go back and see why I
thought this was right. I'm guessing that the example was not phrased
in exactly this way, and that there may be some other behavior we need
to maintain. (Otherwise, I might have used up my "one wrong idea per
year" ;)

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California