JDBC driver question

From: Twinsun <id212(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC driver question
Date: 1999-07-15 19:54:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been covered before...

I wrote an applet which connects to my db and displays some statistics.
I've got it on my account on Linux (RedHat 5.2) box. I've set up
classpath for the driver:
PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH:/usr/local/jdk1.2/bin
MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/pgsql/man
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
CLASSPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib/postgresql.jar:.

export PATH MANPATH PGLIB PGDATA CLASSPATH

No errors when I compile my applet.
When I connect to my pages on the Net from my local machine (under Win)
it doesn't work...
It throws: Can't find Database driver class .... postgresql.Driver
exception.
Interesting that if I have postgresql.jar in classpath on my local
machine then the applet works just fine.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated as this is a part of my project
I have to finish by 31 July.

You can see it for yourself on:
http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~id212/

There is a form linked to a cgi scipt which basically just prints an
html page with applet code in it with a query as a parameter to the
applet.

Thank you,

Igor