Trouble with postgres admin user's password on Windows

From: "Oliveiros C," <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trouble with postgres admin user's password on Windows
Date: 2009-08-20 12:18:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear List,

I've tried to ask this question on pgsql-admin, but unfortunately got no help

I changed the password for user postgres and I completely forgot about the previous one.

The main problem is that now the postgres server fails to start when I turn on the machine.

It used to start automatically.

To start it, I have to login as postgres and manually start it with postgres -D etc.

Also, on PGAdmin ||| I cannot log in as administrator user , no longer. Even the new password doesn't seem to work...

Can anyone please kindly help me on this issue?

I'd really appreciate it

Thanks a million in advance,
Best,
Oliveiros