bug: Access sees money types incorrectly

From: "S(dot) Asif Hassan" <asif(at)petstore(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug: Access sees money types incorrectly
Date: 1999-06-30 20:53:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

When I link a postgreSQL table into MS Access, Access sees data of type
'Money' as type 'Number' rather than as 'Currency'. This is visible if
you pull up the design view for a linked table. As a result of this
mismapping, any attempt to use Access to update records in the table
results in an error.

* PostgreSQL ODBC driver version 6.40.0006
* PostgreSQL database version 6.4
* Access error message upon update attempt :

ERROR: There is more than one possible operator '=' for types
'money' and 'float8'. You will have to retype this query using an
explict cast
(which is impossible as the query is generated by Access.)

* commlog file attached - I have removed the server, port, dbase,
user, and passwd for security purposes - sorry, but these should
not be important bits of info.

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc_90_modified.log application/x-unknown-content-type-txtfile 237 bytes