Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ivan Radovanovic <radovanovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)
Date: 2013-08-21 14:03:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Ivan Radovanovic <radovanovic(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I was checking for way to get object comments, and it seems that \dd has
> bug when it comes to extracting descriptions for constraints.

That code looks right to me, and it works according to a simple test:

d1=# create table foo (f1 int primary key);
CREATE TABLE
d1=# comment on constraint foo_pkey on foo is 'here is a comment';
COMMENT
d1=# \dd
Object descriptions
Schema | Name | Object | Description
public | foo_pkey | constraint | here is a comment
(1 row)

What exactly do you think the problem is?