Re: Postgres with phpScheduleIt

From: "Scot Kreienkamp" <SKreien(at)la-z-boy(dot)com>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Stuart Luppescu" <slu(at)ccsr(dot)uchicago(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: Postgres with phpScheduleIt
Date: 2009-03-06 16:23:45
Lists: pgsql-general

I did get it working with 8.3, but it took some time and several posts
to the forums there. The changes were fairly minor on the phpscheduleit
side to make it work. They were specific to differences between mysql
and Postgres; there weren't any changes that were Postgres version
specific. It does require a working knowledge of Postgres to get it
working though. If anyone is interested in what I had to do, search for
posts from skreien on the forums at phpscheduleit website.

From what I saw of how it uses Postgres there shouldn't be any reason it
can't use almost any recent version; the database usage is fairly
simple. The setup script never did work properly though.

Still using phpscheduleit with Postgres 8.3, I haven't touched it since
I built it some months ago.

Thanks,

Scot Kreienkamp
La-Z-Boy Inc.