Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "George Henry C(dot) Daswani" <gdaswani(at)odc(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..
Date: 1999-06-13 15:45:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I hacked the unix odbc driver that comes with the postgresql 6.5
> snapshots and incorporated the GetPrivateProfileString Parsing functions
> from the IODBC driver manager (libiodbc-2.50.2).

The iODBC code was submitted to Postgres way too close to the release
date to be incorporated into our code tree. Can we restart the
discussion on this in a few days, after the v6.5 release cycle has
settled down? Once we know what we are going to do, then we can post
patches on the plain v6.5 release and update the cvs tree to reflect
both Peter Harvey's and your contributions, and to make sure we are
back in sync with Byron's non-cvs code tree.

Regards.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California